Approx.Weight : Pack of 100 grams
Deepavali Marundhu is a very popular and traditional part of festival, consumed to prevent indigestion from sweets and savories. Deepavali Marundhu is made of various herbal ingredients such as
Coriander seeds, dhaniya, omam, ajwain, jeeragam, cumin seeds, black pepper, sukku( dry ginger ), jaggery and ghee.
Common method to prepare the laghiyam
- Mix the Deepavali marundhu powder into the water to get a fine paste.
- In a kadai, add the paste and saute for five minutes,stirring occationaly.
- Then, add grated jaggery and saute again on medium flame.
- Add ghee in small intervals and saute till you it reaches ‘halwa consistency’. It should be non-sticky,if you can roll it out as non sticky balls, then you’ve got the right consistency.
- When it is completely cool, store it in a clean dry box and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Always use clean dry spoon to scoup it .