1. Choose the best fragrance incense that's not too strong nor too mild!
Make sure the vapor from the agarbatti helps to create a calm environment.
2. Go for hand rolled agarbatti instead of machine made
Hand rolled agarbatti gives you even spread of fragrance for a prolonged period of time.
3. Don’t get deceived by big commercial brands
Most of the commercial brand incense sold in the super markets are chemical and charcoal based and does more harm than good.
4. Don't be skeptical trying new brands, especially that are herbal based.
There are many small scale industries that makes really good herbal incense, but they just lack the brand awareness.
5. Make sure the agarbatti suits elders and kids at home
Because of the chemical based composition, many commercial agarbattis may not suit everyone. Make sure its not allergic.